What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive dental care, it’s both safe and comfortable. In addition to this, our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Here is a list of the most important changes to date:
- Please fill out the COVID-19 Disclosure prior to your next appointment.
- You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Only one adult will be allowed to accompany the child or children with appointment/s at a time. Children without appointments will not be allowed in the office.
- We will ask you and your child to wear a mask, scarf, bandana, etc. while in the office.
- We have instituted personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- We will record temperature and lung efficiency of every patient and caregiver upon entering the office.
- We ask you to use our Hand Sanitation Station to sanitize your hands, or to wash your hands when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please, keep a safe social distance (at least 6 feet) while in the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books or toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Please, make payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment. We strongly encourage you to use PayPal or over the phone payments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- We have installed hospital grade air filtration/purification systems in each treatment room, as well as waiting room and other areas of the office. Our air purifiers break down pollutants at a molecular level, including bacteria, mold, viruses, and allergens.
- We have added barriers to every contact surface, and all equipment kept in treatment rooms will be covered for your safety.
- Several times a day operatories will be disinfected with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- Additionally, our clinical staff: assistants, hygienists and dentists will all be wearing the most effective, CDC approved, face masks available. Face shields are now recommended, so our staff will be wearing these for almost every appointment. Again, these are the same caring, skilled people you have come to know and trust. If regulations for dentistry are modified further know we will adhere to them. We are, through multiple sources, working diligently to obtain all necessary garments to perform dentistry.
- Over the last month, new regulations have been instituted for gowns. As a result, we will be wearing additional, either disposable or washable, jackets, scrubs or gowns. We are, through multiple sources, working diligently to obtain needed garments. Regulations on a federal and state level are still being clarified but know we will adhere to them.
- We will enhance nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
So, as we anticipate returning to a more normal level of dental care, please know we are following all guidelines associated with preventing the spread of COVID-19. As further clarifications and changes are made, we will be implementing those, too. We are working daily to not only implement, but also anticipate further precautions. Above are just a few of the list of topics we are addressing, however, knowing they are the most visible changes, we wanted to specifically touch on them.
We look forward to seeing you and your child! Our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (315) 681-6818 or contact us.
Thank you for choosing us for your child’s dental needs. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Laura & the Staff
at Great Beginnings Pediatric Dentistry